Thursday, July 1, 2010

Why I started this blog

Because I lost my favourite cookbook for a few months and it was terrible - just terrible. I couldn't make Caramel Dumplings or Shortbread or Apple Cake - things I have been cooking since I was a kid. So here it is, my new digital surrogate, a cook book for posterity and being online the kids can look up recipes whereever they are, whenever they need them. Some of my recipes are old ones, old family ones, and I love the thought that my kids will be be able to cook recipes my Mum remembers her Grandmother cooking for her. Other recipes are new ones that I want to keep handy for posterity. Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Hypothetically speaking, how much documentation would a ratbag need to author in order to dislodge a scone receipt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swags of it babe - swags of it - and believe me you really wouldn't want to eat my scones ... even the dog buries them rather than eats them :)

    ReplyDelete