This recipe is really delicious just plain as is, but for a special occasion flash it up with melted dark chocolate:
- dip each square diagonally in melted chocolate,
- splatter chocolate on top,
- line tin with tin foil and spread a thin layer of chocolate on the bottom, then add biscuit mixture, when set add chocolate on top as well.
- 4 ozs butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons condensed milk
- 1 packet wine biscuits (plain sweet)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 cup crystalized ginger
In a kitchen whizz or food processor grind biscuits into fine crumbs, and the walnuts, and the crystallized ginger. Mix butter mixture into crumb mixture. Press into a tinfoil lined tin and refrigerate. Cut into small squares once set. Store in refrigerator.