Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Guacamole



Intro

I foolishly allowed myself to be cajoled into teaching a cooking class this week as part of our Global Cuisine series of Chalkle classes. Since it was my bright idea to bring Chalkle to Horowhenua I really didn't have much of a choice really. So, here in quick succession, I will be posting my three favourite Mexican recipes (yes - I am teaching a Mexican cooking class) because while I cook them reasonably often I've not actually got around to posting them online yet.

  • 2 large ripe avocados - not over ripe or bruised or brown,
  • 1 tblsp finely chopped white onion to suit your taste,
  • 1 or 2 finely chopped fresh chiles (a teaspoon),
  • 1 large tomato - cut in quarters and insides thrown away,
  • 1 clove garlic - squashed and finely chopped,
  • 2 large springs fresh coriander,
  • lime juice,
  • salt,
  • pepper.

Recipe

Remove the flesh from the skin and seed. Place in a bowl and roughly mash with a fork. Chop the tomato flesh into small cubes, add the onion, roughly chopped coriander, a squeeze of lime juice and salt. taste and add lime juice and salt to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment