Thursday, July 29, 2021

Kate's Muesli


Intro

This recipe was given to me by my friend Kate but she knows it as Renske's Muesli after the friend who gave it to her. I've known Kate since the mid 1980s so I've been making this off and on for the last 25 years. This is for Liam - who loves it as much as I do and has clicked that muesli for breakfast sets him up with enough energy for the day. Its well worth buying organic whole grain oats - you really can taste the difference. Take the recipe as a guide or base to start from. Mine is always different; I often add pumpkin seeds and use whatever dried fruit takes my fancy. Cranberries and craisins are really nice. 

Recipe
Mix together
  • 6 cups rolled oats
  • 2 cups bran
  • 1 cup wheat germ
  • 1 cup coconut
  • 1 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1 cup nuts: almonds, hazelnuts etc
Melt together
  • half cup oil
  • half cup honey
Mix together then roast for about 20 minutes turning frequently to avoid burning. Once its cooled down a bit add
  • 1 cup of chopped dried apricots
  • 1 cup dried bananas.
Once cold, store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment